Please help with the 6 questions below.
1. The structural formula for ethanol, the alcohol in alcoholic beverages. Give the total number of:
H -C - C - O - H
(a) valence electrons,
(b) single bonds, and
(c) bonding pairs of electrons.
How many extra pairs of electrons are left?
What are these called, and where should they be placed in the structural formula?
2. Explain why the pressure of the atmosphere decreases with increasing altitude
4. Why are gases compressible, whereas liquids and solids are not?
5. Victims of carbon monoxide poisoning are placed in a hyperbaric chamber where the pressure is raised above 1 atm and a richer oxygen environment exists. If the pressure is raised from 1 atm to 3 atm, what will be the proportional change in oxygen solubility in blood? Use Henryâ??s law and assume blood behaves like water.
6. Predict the boiling point for octane, C8H18, using the observed boiling points for the similar hydrocarbons hexane, C6H14; 68.7°C; heptane, C7H16; 98.4°C; and nonane, C9H20; 150.8°C.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 2:51 am ad1c9bdddf
Answers to questions 1 and 3 are attached. The rest are below:
Q2) Atmospheric pressure at any given point has to do with the 'weight' of the air above that point. So as you increase the altitude there will be less air above you and weight of air becomes less ...
The solution discusses chemical bonding and states of matter.
Trophic Level, Diet Energy, Group IIA, Chemical Bonds & more
Describe the movement of electrons required to develop electrical current.
Think about your energy intake today. Pick one food and identify the chain of energy that led to it. What trophic level do you eat from most? Where will the energy that you ingest eventually wind up?
Why do people mistake what is in diet energy drinks for actual energy?
If you went into a disaster shelter, could you get cell phone service inside? What kinds of electromagnetic radiation could this shelter protect you from? For example, does light pass through the shelter, get absorbed by the shelter, is it reflected by the shelter or does light interact with the shelter in a variety of ways?
Research and report on the following properties of all elements on the periodic table in Group IIA: physical properties of each element (color, texture, mass) and chemical properties of the elements (density, crystal shape, etc.).
List and give an example of an object around you for of each of the different types of chemical bondsView Full Posting Details