A white solid has a mass of 3.45 g was vaporized at 148°C in a 517.5 mL container with a pressure reading at the end of the vaporization process of 985 mmHg. What is the molar mass (g/mole) of this compound?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file for the full solution.
Molar Mass of a Gas
A white solid has a mass of 3.45 g was vaporized at 148°C in a 517.5 mL ...
The solution finds the molar mass of a gas by applying the ideal gas law.
Various Basic Chemistry Problems - Mole, Mass and other Calculations
1) When a mole of C2H4 is combusted it reacts with 3 moles of O2 to produce CO2 and H2O. How many moles of CO2 and how many moles of H2O are produced?
2) What is the mass in grams of 4.25 moles of Mg (NO3)2?
3) The overall reaction producing iron from an ore in a blast furnace is:
Fe2O3 + 3CO --> 2Fe + 3CO2
How many grams of Fe are produced when 275g of Fe2O3 react?
4) Using the bond energy table on page 190 of the text, determine the value of DH for the following reaction:
2F-F + O=O --> 2F-O-F
5) Giving reasons for your answers characterize the following compounds as saturated, or unsaturated, or incapable of existence.
A. CH2 B. C10H22 C. C2H2 D. C2H8 E. C 3H6
6) Determine the empirical formula of the compound that is 87.42% N and 12.58% H by weight.
7) What monomer can be used in an addition polymerization to produce the Polymer Teflon that has a repeating structure as follows:
8) What is the molality of 225g of C6H12O6 in 505 g of H2O?
9) What is the freezing temperature of the solution in question 8?
10) How many joules of energy are needed to raise the temperature of 325.0g of water from 20.0oC to 95.0oC. The specific heat of water is 4.184J/g-oC.View Full Posting Details