A sample of ammonia gas with a volume of 7.0 mL at a pressure of 1.68 atm is compressed to a final volume of 2.7 mL at constant temperature. Use the ideal gas law to calculate the final pressure.
a. 100 atm
b. 2.2 atm
c. 1 atm
d. 4.4 atm
The problem is this....
A gas with a volume of 4.0L is contained is a closed container. Indicate the changes in pressure when the volume undergoes the following changes at a constant temperature.
A. The vloume is compressed to 2 L.
B. The vloume is allowed to expand to 2 L.
C. The volume is copmressed to .40 L.
1. How many grams of CO2 would be formed from 20 grams of C8H10 in the following (UNBALANCED) reaction?
C8H10 + O2 --> CO2 + H2O
2. How many moles of CO2 would be formed from 40 grams of CaCO3 in the following (UNBALANCED) equation?
CaCO3 + HCl --> CaCl2 + CO2 + H2O
3. A gas sample has an original volume of 700 ml when
1. Chlorine gas occupies a volume of 1.20 liters at 725 torr pressure. What volume will it occupy at 1 atm pressure?
2. Fluorine gas exerts a pressure of 975 torr. When the pressure is changed to 1.50 atm, its volume is 250 mL. What was the original volume?
3. Helium occupies a volume of 3.80 Liters at -45 C. Wh
Question: Both the pressure and volume of a given sample of an ideal gas double. This means that its temperature in kelvins must.
b. Reduce to one fourth its original value
c. Reduce to one half its original value
d. Remain unchanged.
Weather balloon is filled with 4.0 liters of helium at 27 degree C and 1.0atm. What volume does the balloon have when it has risen to a point in the atmosphere where the pressure is 200 Torr and the temperature is minus -45 degree C?
Convert the following pressure into atmospheres.
781 mm Hg
A 1.04-L sample of gas at 759 mm Hg pressure is expanded until its volume is 2.24 L. What will be the pressure in the expnaded gas sample at a constant temperature.
At conditions of constant temperature and pressure, the volume of a sample of ideal gas i
1. A gas occupying a volume of 725mL at a pressure of 0.970 atm is allowed to expand at constant temperature until its pressure reaches 0.541 atm. What is its final the volume?
2. The volume of a gas is 5.80L, measured at 1.00 atm. What is the pressure of the as in mmHG if the volume is changed to 9.65 L? (The temperature r