How many calories of heat will be released?
Not what you're looking for? Search our solutions OR ask your own Custom question.
This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!
If 75 grams of steam at +140C is cooled to the point that it becomes ice at -5C, how many calories of heat will be released?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 24, 2023, 1:13 pm ad1c9bdddf
Divide your problem into the sections that we have:
1. we have steam at 140 C going to 100 C
2. when steam reaches 100 C it will also loose some heat by becoming a liquid. this would be the (DeltaH) of condensation which is a constant for water of course
3. the liquid then loses energy as its temperature drops from 100 to 0
4. water at 0 will become Ice at 0 and so losing more energy this step is (deltaH) fusion
5. ice then loses more energy ...
The solution determines how many calories of heat will be released.