Two half reactions that join electrically measuring voltage relationship between temp and cell voltage calculating thermodynamic functions.
1. Consider the cell consisting ofthe Fe3+(lM)/ Fe2+and and Br2(latm)/ Br-(lM) redox couples.
b. Write the oxidation half reaction and the corresponding oxidation potential indicate which
electrode does this occur at. ...
c. Write the equation of the overall cell reaction and the value of EOcell?
2. Determine the cell voltage. EOcell. of a galvanic cell consisting of Sn+2(lM) / Sn and Cr+3 (lM)/ Cr redox couples.
3. Use the Nemst Equation to determine the cell potential. Ecell. of the galvanic cell consisting of Sn+2(O.OOOlM)ISn and Cr+3 (O.lM)/Cr redox couples.
4. State the purpose of the salt bridge in the experiment?
5. What is the sign of the anode in a galvanic cell? at the cathode?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:10 pm ad1c9bdddf
Br2 + 2 e- 2 Br-
Eo = 1.07 V
Occurs at cathode
Explanation: note that all galvanic cells have a positive overall potential (after addition the potential for the reduction half reaction and the potential for the oxidation half reaction). In order to have a positive overall potential, we ALWAYS want the more positive half reaction to be the reduction half reaction, that is, Br2 + 2 e- 2 Br-. In all types of cells, the reduction always occurs at the cathode.
Fe2+ Fe3+ + e-
Eo = - 0.77 V
Occurs at anode
Explanation: always remember to flip the equation for the oxidation half reaction in order to have the electron(s) ...
This Solution contains over 500 words to aid you in understanding the Solution to these questions.
Electrochemistry : Galvanic Cells
Pb(s)| Pb2+ (1M) || Ag+ (1M) | Ag(s)
Determine which of the following statements about the cell shown are True or False.
The silver half-cell is the anode.
The mass of the silver electrode is increasing.
Electrons are spontaneously produced in the lead half-cell.
As the reaction proceeds, the concentration of the silver ions decreases.
The standard cell potential, Eo, equals 1.73 V.
Cations move from the lead half-cell to the silver half-cell.
The lead electrode is the anode.
The cell, as represented by the line notation, is an electrolytic cell.
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.View Full Posting Details