I need help in naming and identifying the type of nomenclature compound as type
Naming compounds like these is quite simple, name the cation and the anion will have an -ide ending to the name...
Au is gold and Br is bromine --> ...
Systematic and non-systematic naming occurs in the naming og inorganic (and organic) compounds, this is how you can name a few inorganic compounds.
IUPAC Product Reactions
1. Provide proper IUPAC names for each of the following compounds or structures for each of the following names of organic compounds as appropriate.
(a) (2Z,4Z)-hexadiene (b) (E)-1-chloropropene
2. MATCH each definition to the term it describes. Place the letter corresponding to the term in the blank to the left of the definition:
a. Cahn-Ingold-Prelog Rules
b. Markovnikov's Rule
_______Predicts that in electrophilic additions to alkenes the more stable carbocaation intermediate is formed
_______Assigns priorities to the substituent groups on a carbon.
______Predicts that in additions of HX to alkenes, the H adds to the less substituted alkene carbon and the X adds to the more substituted alkene carbon.
3. Rank the carbocations below in order of increasing stability(least stable = 1; most stable = 3). Place the number corresponding to the carbocation's relative stability in the blank below the structure.
4. Consider the reaction below to answer the following questions:
(1) The nucleophile in this reaction is ________
(2) The electrophile in this reaction is________.
(3) The product that results from a 1,4-addition is _______.
5. Draw six of the nine possible structures for an organic compound with formula C4H6.
5. For each reaction below, suggest structures for alkenes that give the indicated reaction products. There may be more than one answer in some cases.
6. Please complete the following reactions by supplying the missing reactants or product(s) as indicated by a ? mark. Do not balance and do not show inorganic products or mechanisms.View Full Posting Details