1. 4CuO(s) + CH4(g) CO2(g) + 4Cu(s) + 2H2O(g)
The value of Kc for this reaction is 1.10 at 25.0°C. What is the
value of Kp for this reaction? (R = 0.0821 L-atm/K-mol)
e. 1.52 x 10-3
d. 1.63 x 10-5
3. Consider the following incomplete table of data for the equilibrium
between dinitrogen tetroxide and nitrogen dioxide.
Exp # Equilibrium N2O4 Concentr Equilibrium NO2 Concentration
1 0.00140 M 0.0172 M
2 0.00452 ?
3 0.00280 0.0243
From the information in the table, determine the value of the
missing NO2 concentration at equilibrium.
c. 9.54 x 10-4
3. Consider the gaseous equilibrium: 2 A → 2 B + C
Determine the value of the missing B concentration at equilibrium.
Exp# [A] at equilibrium [B] at equilibrium [C] at equilibrium
1 0.10 M 0.15 M 0.20 M
2 0.20 0.50 0.072
3 0.35 ? 0.15
4. The expression for Kc for the reaction below is _______________.
NiCO3(s) + 2H+(aq) Ni2+(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l)
5. Consider the following chemical reaction:
H2(g) + I2(g) 2HI(g)
At equilibrium, the concentrations of H2, I2, and HI were 0.15 M,
0.033 M, and 0.55 M, respectively. The value of Kc for this reaction
9.0 x 10-3
6. Consider the following reaction:
PCl5(g) PCl3(g) + Cl2(g)
Initially, 0.84 mol of PCl5(g) was placed in a 1.0 L flask. At
equilibrium, 0.72 mol of PCl5(g) was present. The value of Kc for
this reaction at this temperature is ___________.
a. 2.0 x 10-2
7. The value of Kc for the reaction below is 0.016. Under a set of
equilibrium conditions, [HI] = 0.10 M and [H2] = [I2]. Calculate the
concentration of I2 (M).
2HI(g) H2(g) + I2(g)
a. 1.3 M
b. 3.1 x 10-1
d. 4.0 x 10-2
e. 1.3 x 10-2
Chemical reaction questions are discussed in a variety of different manors. Reactions under different conditions can analysed on there temperature, and concentrations to determine optimal conditions.
What is the limiting reagent? Questions about chemical reactions
Please show how to solve the following questions:
2Al (s) + 2KOH (aq) + 4 H2SO4 (aq) + 22 H2O (l) --> 2KAl (SO4)2*12H2O (s) + 3H2 (g)
12.0 g of Al, 420 mL 2.0M KOH, 216 mL H2SO4 placed in 300 mL ice bath (water in excess)
1) What is the limiting reagent?
2) How much aluminum is necessary to produce 18g of alum?
3) By what factor must the mole amount of AL be reduced to produce 18 g alum?
4) What is the result of scaling the # moles of KOH used in the given procedure by this factor? What volume of 1.4M KOH contains this # moles?
5) What is the result of scaling the total # moles of H2SO4 used by this factor? What volume of 9.0M H2SO4 contains this # moles?
6) Scale the moles of sulfuric acid in a 54 mL portion of 10.0M H2SO4 by this factor. What volume of 9.0M H2SO4 contains this number of moles?
7) What is the result of scaling a 60 mL sample of distilled water by this factor?
8) What is the result of scaling down 300 mL 50/50 ethanol-water ice bath by this factor?