1.) Do all ionic compounds dissolve in water, Do all covalent compounds dissolve in water? answer should be 50 to 100 words.
2.) Do the physical properties of water change when a compound is dissolved in water? If so, which properties change and why?
3.) Do all chemicalcompounds undergo each type of chemical reaction,i.
* Unknown compound that shows an observed melting range of 90-94 Ë?C. Which is to be, X (listed mp 97-98 Ë?C) or candidate Y (listed mp 86-87 Ë?C). Why might your sample not have the same melting range as either of the known compounds, given that it must be one of them?
* Test tubes labeled A, B, and C contain substances
What are the characteristic chemical differences between metals and non-metals?
Explain why corresponding phosphorus and arsenic compounds resemble each other more closely than they do nitrogen compounds.
Name each of the following ions or compounds.
(see the attachment for thecompounds)
See attached file for full problem description.
1. what is thechemical formula for the following ternary compounds given their constituent ions
a. lead(IV) sulfate
b. stannous chlorite
c. cobalt(II) hydroxide
d. mercurous phosphate
2. Provide the formula for each of the following binary ionic compounds
a. curprous su
1. Calculate the molar mass of the following compounds:
a. sodium selenide
b. Palladium (II) hydroxide
2. Calculate the number of grams in each of the following compounds:
a. 4.0 moles of CaCl2(s)
b. 0.467 moles of (NH4)CO3(s), baking powder
3. Calulate the number of moles in each of the following compounds:
1. Write structural formulas for the following compounds:
2. Write expanded formulas for the following compounds, and name them, using the IUPAC system: