Scenario: You need to hire the Executive Assistant for the new President. No job description exists for this position, but the position needs to be filled quickly. You obviously want to make a good impression on this assignment and fill the job with a top-notch candidate. Review the above linked article and create what you think would be the essential functions of the Administrative Assistant position.
Problem: Draft a position description including a position summary, 5 or 6 essential job functions - listing the most important first; education needed for the position, experience needed, any required skills, and any preferred skills that you would think appropriate.
Next, detail the most appropriate selection process for hiring for the position, from the writing of the job description, all the way to acceptance of the job offer.
Finally, how will the new employee at this level know that he or she is doing a good job? By what method will he or she be appraised and at what points after hire? Write one page that establishes clear performance appraisal process for the position. Use a method which would be suitable for application to all in administrative positions in the company.
Administrative position description:
1. The candidate must be able to interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
2. He must communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to connecting groups.
3. The candidate should arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
4. He must be able to type and word-process various documents and electronic information.
5. He should be capable of analyzing and interpret financial statistics and other data and produce relevant reports.
The education should be a graduate in any stream with a certificate in use of ...
This posting gives you an in-depth insight into Executive Assistant Job Description