Please assist with the following questions about marketing.
Some demographic characteristics are more important than others in determining market potential. For each of the following characteristics, identify two products for which this characteristic is most important: (a) size of geographic area, (b) population, (c) income, (d) stage of life cycle.
Is it unfair to advertise to children? Is it unfair to advertise to less-educated or less-experienced people of any age? Is it unfair to advertise for "unnecessary" products? Is it unfair to criticize a competitor's product in an ad?
If you were asked to recommend a firm (with which you have dealt) as a benchmark for good customer service after the sale, what firm would you recommend? What does this firm do that other firms do not do as well?
Consider a new product for your organization or an organization that you have an interest. Using the Market Plan Outline and develop the first three segments of the plan which are; a) Organizational Overview; b) New Product Description; c) SWOTT analysis. In the product description be sure to give a reference to the product differentiation and positioning strategy you are going to use.
Explain why a company might want to do focus group interviews rather than individual interviews with the same people.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 11:12 pm ad1c9bdddf
Five Business Management essay questions on global strategies
1. For the past eight years the Kellogg Company has struggled to get permission to put the same vitamins in all its European corn flakes. In theory, Europe completed building a unified market in 1993 with the birth of the European Union, but so far it has not applied to vitamins in cereals.
Denmark doesn't want vitamins added, fearing that cereal eaters who already take multivitamins might exceed recommended daily doses, which some experts say can damage internal organs. The Netherlands officials don't believe either Vitamin D or folic acid is beneficial, so it doesn't want them added. Finland likes more Vitamin D than other countries to help Finns make up for sun deprivation. And the list goes on.
Which major facet [component] of the globalization definition is Kellogg
trying to implement? Explain.
2. Not long ago the World Trade Organization [WTO] told China that it could no longer force providers of American books, music and films to distribute their goods through a local [Chinese government run] "partner." Foreign companies saw the Chinese rule as an impediment to reaching a broad Chinese audience with their products. The Chinese market is flooded with pirated CD's and DVD's whose creators receive no compensation.
In the midst of the global recession, China took steps to protect its industries.
It gave tax rebates to exporters and barred government entities from buying
foreign goods if there were domestic substitutes available.
While the WTO has ruled several times against China in recent years, China is
also turning to the WTO to defend its interests. It challenged for example an
American ban on Chinese poultry imports.
What do these trade developments tell you about globalization and the role of the WTO?
3. You are an American traveling on business in Egypt. You have a 9am business meeting appointment, but your Egyptian counterpart does not show up until 10am, and does not apologize. Explain why this behavior is apparently acceptable in Egypt. Would it be acceptable behavior in the United States? Why or why not?
4. The United States and other western countries have been trying to deal with what many call "Chinese currency manipulation" for years. This is the process where the Chinese government pegs their currency to stay positioned "below" the value of the U.S. dollar.
Setting politics aside, why is the United States Congress again turning up
the heat on this issue, and pushing the Administration "to do something"?
Why has China been intervening [which they deny] "in currency markets
to halt the rise of their currency, against the value of foreign currencies?
5. True or false - price discrimination is unethical and illegal. Explain your answer.View Full Posting Details