1. ________ is to cost as promotion is to communication.
e. None of the above
2. Internal marketing refers to marketing domestically.
3. Which of the following is an example of external marketing?
a. Staff meetings
b. Employee handbooks
c. Television advertising
d. Intranet communication
e. Communications to company staff
4. Another term for the marketing mix is the 4 Ps.
5. STP refers to:
a. Selling, Telling, Promoting
b. Segmentation, Training, Positioning
c. Selling, Targeting, Positioning
d. Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning
e. Segmentation, Targeting, Pricing
6. Types of environmental considerations are social, legal, economic, technological, demographic and religious.
7. Focus groups are a form of primary research.
8. The first step in conducting marketing research is ____________.
a. Determine the objective
b. Write a survey
c. Write a proposal
d. Create focus groups
e. Conduct preliminary research
9. Which of the following is NOT a type of buyer?
e. Non-profit organizations
10. Which of the following is NOT a secondary marketing research methodology?
a. Government sources
b. Academic sources
c. Focus groups
d. Consultants/research brokers
e. Industry publications
11. Which of the following is an obstacle for marketing distribution channels?
12. One of the purposes of market segmentation is to maximize limited resources.
13. The four areas of global strategic marketing planning include:
a. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
c. Market situation analysis, objectives, strategies, action plans
d. Democracy, communism, socialism, terrorism
e. Segmentation, targeting, positioning, training
14. In industries where competition is highly localized, a decentralized structure where most of the decision-making is made at the country-level is often appropriate.
15. The following is NOT a reason for global branding:
a. Economies of scale
b. Development costs that can be spread over large volumes
c. Brand awareness advantages â?" global brands are more visible than local brands
d. Cultural barriers
e. The ability to capitalize on media overlap between and among countries
1. a. Product- This is because a person has to pay to make the product as well as to sell it
2. a. True- Within the country this is where this does occur
3. c. Television advertising- This is done outside of the company
4. a. True- The four P's are the marketing mix
5. d. Segmenting, Targeting, Positioning- ...
This solution provided a variety of answers to many questions.