Select two research studies published in peer-reviewed, refereed journals in an international discipline. Submit a 2500-3500-word APA-formatted analysis in which you compare and contrast problem and purpose statements, research questions/hypotheses, literature reviews, theoretical frameworks, and designs of the two research studies. One study needs to use a quantitative method, the other qualitative.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:38 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution is an APA formatted paper of 13 pages (2,662 words), including 4 references.
The solution contrasts the following studies:
1. Irrational Workers: The Moral Economy of Labor Protest in Egypt (Posusney, 1993)
2. Role and Perception in International Crisis: The Cases of Israeli and Egyptian Decision Makers in National Capitals and the United Nations (Siverson, 1973)
Cursory Aspects of the Studies
Irrational Workers... Role and Perception...
(Posusney, 1993) (Siverson, 1973)
An Aspect of the Research
Approach Qualitative Quantitative
Country Setting Egypt Egypt & Israel
Period Setting 1993 1973
Rigor Poor Good
Peer Reviewed Yes Yes
Principle Design Grounded Theory Correlational
Subject Area Economics Social Psychology
Length in Words 10,556 6,300
Comparison and Contrast of a Qualitative and Quantitative Study
Compare and contrast of the quantitative and qualitative research articles below
Article 1: Berry, D. C., Neal, M., Hall, E. G., Schwartz, T. A., Verbiest, S., Bonuck, S., Stuebe, A. M. (2013). Rationale, design, and methodology for the optimizing outcomes in women with gestational diabetes mellitus and their infants study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 13, 184. doi:10.1186/1471-2393-13-184.
Article 2: Balfe, M., Doyle, F., Smith, D., Sreenan, S., Brugha, R., Hevey, D., & Conroy, R. (2013). What's distressing about having type 1 diabetes? A qualitative study of young adults' perspectives. BMC Endocrine Disorders, 13(1), 25-38. doi:10.1186/1472-6823-13-25.
Please identify the research design and compare and contrast using the following titles
1. Theoretical Framework—are they explicit or implicit?
2. Sample Selection and Size-- what is the type of sample? How were subjects recruited? What were inclusion and exclusion criteria, if any?
3. Methods for Data Analysis- what statistical tests were done and for what purpose where they used? Were the tests appropriate for the type of data collected?
4. Ethical standards- what were the ethical standards? Did the researchers adhere to the standards, or were there any breaches?
5. Reliability and validity (rigor)- was the reliability of the instruments addressed? Was the validity of the instruments addressed?
6. Generalizability of findings- were they any threats to external validity, or generalizability? Were they acknowledged?
7. 7. Summarization- thought on the usefulness of quantitative and quantitative research.View Full Posting Details