Give a few pointers to get the "Building the Boeing 787" case started.
Develop a detailed corporate profile and address the questions in the case.
Corporate Profiles for Case Studies:
When analyzing a case it is important to include a company profile. The profile should describe the following key items about the company:
- Company name/corporate headquarters location
- Company size (number of employees)
- Description of products/services
- Description of manufacturing operations - how and where the products/services are produced
- Description of marketing activities
- Where the company advertises and promotes its products/services
- The type of marketing the company emphasizes (newspaper, TV, magazine advertising, etc.)
- Identify where the company's corporate headquarters are located and how many people the company employs.
- History of the company (When was the company founded and by whom?)
- What are the major events in its history and when did they occur (major events pertain to key developments in the company's growth, major acquisitions/mergers, important crises, significant company changes)
1,319 words plus reference
I can help you with a few pointers to start you off on this project. You would begin by completing the company profile as this will help you to understand where the company stands in the market place and the importance of how they handled the project. I hope you like airplanes, as it would help with enjoying this project.
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing operates the Space Shuttle and International Space Station.
1. Boeing corporate office is located in Chicago, Illinois.
2. Boeing employs more than 158,000 people across the United States and in 70 countries
3. Manufactures commercial and military aircraft, designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. Boeing also operates the Space Shuttle and International Space Station.
4. Boeing outsource some of their manufacturing to national and foreign suppliers and assemble and manufacture in their Everett plant in Washington.
5. Boeing aggressively advertises its Commercial Airplanes' and run a special television add on Memorial Day to honor veterans.
6. A TV ad on Memorial Day as a reminder of their military involvement and advertise their commercial airplanes worldwide in many major financial and aviation trade publications.
7. The company emphasizes TV and magazine advertising.
8. History of the company (When was the company founded and by whom?)
During the 20th century, five companies charted the course of aerospace history in the United States. They were the Boeing Airplane Co., Douglas Aircraft Co., McDonnell Aircraft Corp., North American Aviation and Hughes Aircraft. By the dawning of the new millennium, they had joined forces to share a legacy of victory and ...
Corporate profiles for building the Boeing 787 is examined.