Please provide a one paragraph response for each question along with references if applicable. Please provide the responses back in a Word doc ONLY.
1. Compare the business models and areas of strength of Apple, Google, and Microsoft.
2. Why is mobile computing so important to these three firms? Evaluate the mobile platform offering of each firm.
3. What is the significance of applications and app stores to the success or failure of mobile computing?
4. Which company and business model do you think will prevail in this epic struggle? Explain your answer.
5. What difference would it make to you as a manager or individual consumer if Apple, Google, or Microsoft dominated the Internet experience? Explain your answer.
I have completed and uploaded the solutions in the file attached.
Compare the business models and areas of strength of Apple, Google, and Microsoft.
**I have included some of the major points. Please go through more in detail and expand on each company**
Apple has been a major market holder and has been in the market for several years now. The company has based its products on differentiation and has been able to effectively develop as many as 250,000 applications. The company mainly deals with phones and tablets and these form the main chunk of the profits. Microsoft has a strong brand name and can be considered to be the other name for PCs and operating systems. The company has used the cost differentiation strategy and has proven to become the leaders in the industry. This company is focused more on operating systems and applications rather than phones and hardware in which the company failed. Google is the most recent yet most successful business. The company was focused on search engines; however, now the company has grown and entered into numerous different businesses, like email services, payment gateways, online social media, and several others. Each of the ...
Some major points and details have been included for each of the questions. Several references are included for the questions.