What role does strategic planning play in IS/IT investments? Is this something that can be easily adjusted when necessary? Why or why not? Who is in control of the strategic planning function within an organization? What is the role of organizational culture, if any? Who is in control of the organization culture? Do you have personal experiences with this issue?
Discuss how you would gather data about an organization's internal processes and operations. Identify specific tools or techniques you might apply to gain useful insight.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:42 am ad1c9bdddf
Strategic planning plays a significant role in information systems and information technology investments, due to the fact that the amount of capital that would be invested in information systems and information technology is largely dependent on the significance that information systems and information technology play in the overall strategic plan. This aspect of the strategic planning can easily be adjusted when necessary, due to the fact that it simply requires either adding funding to information systems and information ...
Finances, Financial Planning, Strategic Planning and Financial Statements
Assistance needed with finding background information on these financial questions. Please include in-text citations and references used. Thank you!
1. Fixed vs variable costs - What are the basic differences between fixed and variable expenses and how do you consider these in a financial plan?
2. Financial planning - How are investment decisions related to financing decisions?
3. Investment and financing decisions - Identify the steps in the financial planning process
4. Pro forma financial statements - What are pro forma financial statements and why are they important part of the financial planning process?
5. Strategic planning - Explain why strategic planning is the most crucial planning step.
6. Financing plan - Explain why financing plan sets for the ways in which the capital projects will be financed for a firm.