Would you help me with the following questions?
* How do strategic, operational, and tactical planning differ? How might the three levels complement one another in an organization?
* What are the arguments for and against the concept of corporate social responsibility?
* What are the pros and cons of using expatriates, host-country nationals, and third-country nationals to run overseas operations?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 23, 2018, 8:53 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/strategic-planning/strategic-operational-tactical-planning-351673
1. How do strategic, operational, and tactical planning differ? How might the three levels complement one another in an organization?
Strategic planning is different from operational planning and tactical planning. Strategic planning involves setting, plans regarding the overall strategy of the firm. These plans are generally long term and focus on achieving a long term objective that relates to the firm's strategy.
On the other hand, operational planning can be considered to be a way of implementing strategic plans and it is generally short term. These operational plans are different for different divisions and are not cross functional. Operational plans are short term and they do not necessarily affect firm strategy. http://www.blurtit.com/q6525063.html
Finally, tactical planning is "the Systematic determination and scheduling of immediate or short-term activities required in achieving the objectives of strategic planning." http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/tactical-planning.html
Therefore, the three work together to meet the overall objectives of the firm and compliment each other.
2. What are the arguments for and against the concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR)?
There are arguments for and against the concept of corporate social responsibility.
Pros or arguments for CSR
1) CSR's holistic approach encourages businesses to safeguard their corporate reputation for the future.
2) Responsible business practice could help protect a company from consumer boycotts such as those ...
The solution discusses strategic, operational and tactical planning, social responsibility and localized managers.