You are having a discussion with your co-workers about what constitutes "quality" in healthcare and why these are the essential components of quality.
In your next manager meeting you will be discussing the following topic:
Write down your position on this issue so you are ready for the meeting: Healthcare organizations should get rid of employees that do not match their organizational culture and discuss any potential legal or ethical issues that might be encountered if this type of policy is implemented as well as ways to avoid these issues.
The healthcare organization that you work for will be expanding soon and therefore will need to hire many new employees. You will be meeting with other managers of the organization to discuss your hiring plan. In order to prepare for this for this meeting you are to briefly list what constitutes "quality" in healthcare organization employees and why these are the essential components of staff quality.
Thank you for this assistance.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 16, 2018, 12:30 am ad1c9bdddf
Let’s look at the following questions through discussion and example.
1. You are having a discussion with your co-workers about what constitutes "quality" in healthcare and why these are the essential components of quality.
Patients, providers, and policymakers share an interest in making informed decisions about health care to promote good outcomes (quality). One of the greatest challenges is finding reliable and practical data and quality measures (process and outcome measures) that can inform these decisions. Initial work in the program originates from Section 1013 of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (MMA) of 2003. Section 1013 authorizes AHRQ to conduct and support research with a focus on outcomes, comparative clinical effectiveness, and appropriateness of pharmaceuticals, devices, and health care services. Research will be informed by the needs of the Medicare, Medicaid, and State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). Research may include strategies for how these items and services are organized, managed, and delivered. http://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/aboutUs/index.cfm
The following aspects of healthcare constitutes quality:
• Access (measure of quality in terms of access to healthcare, Does everyone have equal access to treatment?)
• Outcome (Outcome measures of quality: did the consumer arrive safely home after treatment? Was the treatment successful? etc.)
• Patient Experience (Patient satisfaction measures of quality. E.g. patient surveys on patient’s perception of overall care process e.g., safety, dignity issues, etc.)
• Population Health (quality measures in terms of population health. Are we going our job? Did all two years old get their required immunization shots, etc.)
• Process (measures of quality in terms of how well the care process was e.g. length of wait, etc.).
• Structure (Does the healthcare structure promote a healthy, friendly and safe environments for consumers?)
• Use of Services (How many consumers are using our services? How does that compare to other service providers?)
Also see http://www.consumer.gov/qualityhealth/
For a summary of quality measures in health care see ...
By addressing the three questions, this solution discusses the components of quality in relation to healthcare and to the staff qualities as well as examines the implications of a policy that provides a provision for firing employees who do not fit with the organizational culture. 1351 words with references throughout.