The company you work for has grown in size in a very short time. Due to the scale and type of projects coming in, there is a need to adopt a project management software. You are tasked with researching the different project management software available and choosing three of the researched software to report on. Your report should analyze your research and selection process.
There are a number of characteristics to evaluate, including the ability of the software to support the development of schedules, budgets, resource plans, and monitoring reports. Include the following criteria in your report:
- Identify a set of selection criteria.
- Identify priorities for the criteria.
- Prepare a graphic or illustration which compares the evaluation of the software packages relative to the criteria.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each software being reported.
- Conclude with a succinct and concise discussion for moving forward with a specific software.
Project Management Software
PM Software#1: Basecamp
This is a web-based software used by millions to communicate and collaborate on projects. The software is highly recommended by customers due to its ease of use. It supports multiple languages and can be accessed from mobile ("Basecamp", n.d).
Advantages- Some of the unique capabilities or advantages of the software are:
• Easy to use
• Complete tracking at each phase of project enables identification of project flaws
• Easy integration with other software like time tracking.
• It is scalable to a number of open projects the company needs
Drawbacks: Insufficient managerial reporting, i.e. the ability to track profitability, time budgets, expense budgets, etc. by project or by client
PM Software#2: Hydra PPM
It is the only resource centric PPM tool designed to cope with problems that real people in real organizations face ("Hydra PPM", n.d). Hydra enables organization to deliver more projects with existing time and budget. It can be quickly installed and is easy to use.
Advantages- Some of the unique functionalities of Hydra PPM are:
• Capacity Planning: Users can get a high level view of future workloads based on which it is easier to ...
The solution provides a comparison of three PM software and recommendations. The selection criteria set is identified and prioritized. The advantages and disadvantages of each are determined.