Visit the following TWO Web sites:
1) http:www.pmi.org- Project Management Institute (PMI)
The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a not-for-profit project management professional association and their site provides the latest news and information on different areas of project management. The History of Computing Project site is maintained by the History of Computing Foundation in a worldwide collaborative effort to register the entire history of computing. This site is dedicated to the History of Computing in the broadest sense of the word.
After going through these TWO sites, compare their user profiles in terms of the following aspects:
2. Domain knowledge
3. Computing experience and Environment
4. Why do think there are differences?
5. Also, perform a task analysis and identify benchmark sites for these Web sites.
Please see response below, which should help you complete this assignment successfully.
(1) Visit: http://www.pmi.org - Project Management Institute (PMI)
Mission: The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a not-for-profit project management professional association and their site provides the latest news and information on different areas of project management.
It is aimed at project management professionals and is for members only. This is both implied in the above mission and also clearly stated on the website on the right hand side of the homepage.
b. Domain knowledge
One needs domain knowledge mainly because of the demographics of its target group, e.g. professionals.
c. Computing experience and Environment
Go to the website http://www.pmi.org and attempt to locate the latest news and information of different areas of project management. How were your computing experiences? Were you able to locate the information easily as stated in the mission of the website? If it is easy to navigate (e.g., find what you are looking for easily and in a timely manner), then the environment is user-friendly. If not, you would say that it was not a user-friendly environment. Likewise, your computing experiment will either be satisfying or not depending on the ease of locating the information in a timely manner and without the frustrations associated with NOT finding the information easily.
For the most part, it seems to be well designed and easy to locate information as long as you understand language such ...
This solution assists in comparing profiles for two websites in terms of the following aspects: demographics, domain knowledge and computing experience and environment. It also discusses why there are differences, and assists in a task analysis and identifies benchmarks for these web sites.
Non-profit Value Statement and Ethics; Website review of three non-profit organizations; Executive summary for strategic alliances and lobbying strategies for non-profit; Non-profit business plan including initial mandates, mission, and values of the organization.
1. Find three non-profit Web sites that include a core values statement or a Code of Ethics statement and evaluate those documents. Write a two page report on three non-profits, summarizing the main points, analyzing the statements for practical application, and explain how you might use the information gleaned to create a values statement of your own.
2. Consider what lobbying strategies and strategic alliances you might need to develop for a HNO that you would like to lead. Write a one page executive summary for lobbying strategies and a one page executive summary for strategic alliances as though you were preparing for an upcoming board meeting and intended to present these as plans for the upcoming year.
3. Begin your Strategic Non-profit Business Plan based in the process charted on page 232 (174 in previous edition), and described in detail in the chapters readings.
Please address items One, Two, and Three in the process; initial mandates, mission, and values of the organization.View Full Posting Details