Can you please describe the benefits of effective project closure with examples, real or otherwise, to support your answer?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:13 am ad1c9bdddf
There are numerous benefits of effective project closure. Let us take the case of implementation of a new software project in a manufacturing organization. An effective project closure will help in documenting the experience and lessons learned from the ...
This solution discusses the benefits of project closure.
Must use at least textbook (Brown, K. A., & Hyer, N. L. (2010). Managing projects: A team-based approach. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin) as a source material for each response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
1. What are the variables that must be considered when developing a project schedule? Give a short explanation of how they impact the schedule development.
2. How does the development of project software compare to other methods of scheduling. What are the benefits of using project software? What are the downfalls of using technology in this manner?
3. The textbook gives examples of successful scheduling. What are the benefits of having a schedule for a project?
4. Multitasking has become the norm in our everyday society. Why is it important for a project manager to be aware of multitasking during a project? Do you think there are benefits to multitasking? Explain your answer.
5. What is the "crashing" procedure? Use an example from your own project experience to help identify the steps.
6. What are factors and decisions that need to be considered when comparing crash costs and the trade-off?
7. What is the importance of scheduling and possible reasons for schedules to be modified during a project's duration? Give an example from your own experiences where this came into play.
8. What are the dimensions of project closure? Do you feel any of these factors play a bigger role in closure? Explain your answer.
9. Compare and contrast the three methods of continuous learning during a project.
10. What are the steps for a project change to be implemented once the tools have validated concerns for the project?
11. There are several phenomena listed in the textbook that can potentially affect a project. Choose one, and explain how you, as a project manager, could be aware and prepare for the possible effect of its impact on a project.