Describe Vanity Fair's situation completely. Identify any major changes you expect to affect your remote, industry and operating environments.
Utilize a macroeconomic forecast of economic indicators that affect your chosen
organization in the future and must be considered part of strategic planning.
Analyze the non-economic factors in the remote environment, including the following:
Social and cultural
2,586 words plus references© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 20, 2018, 6:08 am ad1c9bdddf
• Complete an environmental scan and economic analysis on your selected department, group, division, function, or organization—for which you create a strategic plan—including the remote, industry, and operating environments.
• Write a 2,800- to 3,500-word environmental analysis in which you describe your organization's situation completely and accurately. You must identify any major changes you expect to affect your remote, industry, or operating environments in the next 5 to 10 years. Your analysis must complete the following: Refine the analysis of the forces and trends you completed for the Week Two assignment.
• Utilize a macroeconomic forecast of economic indicators that affect your chosen organization in the future and must be considered part of strategic planning.
• Analyze the noneconomic factors in the remote environment, including the following:
• Social and cultural
• Complete a competitive analysis of your organization's position from a microeconomic perspective based on the pricing of the organization's primary product or service line, an assessment of its cost structure, and an assessment of the market in which the organization competes. This is a discussion, not a spreadsheet.
• Develop a summary of the organization's current situation, including its mission or business overview, its current competitive position, and the forces and trends in its industry. Based on this situation, identify three to six current opportunities and issues you believe must be addressed through the strategic-planning process.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in the organization's operating environment which might be leveraged to capitalize on the emerging opportunities or minimize the threats that you identified in items 14.
• Create three to four strategic long-term objectives that may be measured to determine the success of the strategic plan.
• Revisit the mission and vision statements you modified in Week One. If necessary, modify or improve them further to align with your long-term objectives.
The response addresses the queries posted in ______ words with references.
Those who ignore the environment do so at their peril because the consequences that affect them will likely be defined by others - Anonymous
//Before we start the Environmental Scan and Economic/Competitive Analysis of the company, it would be preferable to understand a few things about the company, its business and the pedigree of the organization.
Post this; I would like to mention a few things about the topics included within this explanation note.
The idea of this note is to provide you with a broader context of each and every aspect of the Environmental Scan and Economic/Competitive Analysis so that you can then refine your answers with a better understanding of the company. I assume that you have understood the subject matter quite well. I shall however include notes where ever possible to give a context before explaining the practical pointers for analysis.//
Company Background and History:
The 2009 Annual report of the company starts with the following:
"From an outlet store in St. Louis to a High Street store in Shanghai, from a mountaintop in Switzerland to a beach in Southern California, you'll find the brands of VF anywhere and everywhere around the world. Our diversity is our biggest strength, but it's more than simply geography. Our diversity is diversified. We have diversified brands, products, distribution, manufacturing, sourcing and, above all, people. Anywear and Everywear is a philosophy that drives us to continuously build and grow our portfolio of brands, so that we can support the diverse lifestyles of consumers around the world."
VFC is a company well respected by analysts, investors as well as customers like for various reasons. From its humble beginnings, the company has come across a substantial amount of change through the last 100 years. The history of the company below clearly gives us an idea of the DNA of the organization that is plush with ...
The solution describes Vanity Fair's situation.
Solution identifies major changes expected to affect VF's remote, industry and operating environments.
Solution includes a macroeconomic forecast of economic indicators that affect VF in the future and must be considered by VF as a part of strategic planning.
The analysis of non-economic factors in the remote environment, include the following:
Social and cultural