You are the training manager for your organization and must consider whether to create training in house or purchase training from a vendor. Describe the considerations you must take into account for both decisions.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:16 am ad1c9bdddf
One of the main considerations is based upon the organization's needs. The main question that management needs to address is if a training program can be designed that adequately meets the needs of the organization. If the answer is no, or if the type and depth of training program needed would be too costly for the organization to implement, then the organization needs to seek an outside vendor. Many organizations that are smaller in size can develop a stellar in-house training program and have it fit their needs entirely. In larger organizations or in organizations where processes and other factors are intense or highly advanced ...
This solution discusses designing in-house training programs versus purchasing training from a vendor. The main considerations are explained and additional resources are provided for further student expansion.
Advantages of In-house HRD program vs. purchasing HR programs, advantages of on-site and off-site training program, maximizing sessions' effectiveness, hazing and its role in socialization, two socialization programs for new employees.
1. What are the advantages of designing an HRD program in-house versus purchasing programs from vendors?
2. What are the advantages of holding a training program on-site? Off-site?
3. How do you feel about attending training sessions or classes scheduled early in the morning? After lunch? What can a trainer do to maximize the chances that such a session will be effective?
4. Define hazing and describe how it can be prevented. In your opinion, should hazing ever play a role in socialization? Defend your answer.
5. Which two aspects of an orientation program do you think are the most important in socializing new employees? Support your choices?