If you were to pick one company for your SLP company (APPLE) to merge with, what would it be and why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:43 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Remember that this is just a guide and not something that can be passed for class requirements
2. Don't forget to use the references mentioned in the SLP requirement.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Apple, Inc.'s (NasdaqGS: AAPL) mergers and acquisitions history shows that majority of the companies it acquired in the past are in the software business; however, lately, it has been acquiring companies that actually produce physical products. Nevertheless, I recommend that Apple, Inc. acquire Yahoo! Inc. (NasdaqGS: YHOO).
I have three reasons why I think Yahoo! Is a good candidate.
1. Google, Inc. (NasdaqGS: GOOG) has been stepping up its strategic efforts to compete, even surpass, Apple at where it is good at. Yahoo! Would just be the thing for Apple to retake some of its market share gained by Google.
2. As of Friday's, June 13, 2014, closing price, Apple is valued at $553.52 billion (Yahoo! Finance, 2014) while Yahoo! is valued at $35.33 billion (Yahoo! ...
This solution picks one company for Apple to merge with, giving three general reasons an going into detail.
If you were to pick one company for Apple Inc to merge with, what would it be? Explain your choice with respect to possible benefits of this merger and why
Net Present Value, Mergers, and Acquisitions
Think about Apple Inc and the possibility of it merging with another company.
1. If you were to pick one company for Apple Inc to merge with, what would it be? Explain your choice with respect to possible benefits of this merger and why you would choose this company over any other choice for a potential.
2. How would you finance a takeover of this chosen corporation? Please explain your reasoning.
3. What would your second and third choices be for a merger with Apple Inc? Again, explain your reasoning for wanting to merge with these companies, and why they would be second or third choices rather than your first choice.View Full Posting Details