Imagine that you are interviewing for a dream leadership position in a global firm. (It may help you to identify a specific firm, industry, and leadership position. It can be fictitious if you'd prefer but will have more meaning if it is something you actually hope for in your future.) Before flying to corporate headquarters, you receive a request from the top leadership team. The team members ask to see a 10-minute PowerPoint presentation on:
Your concerns for the future.
Your preferred leadership theory.
An overview of your individual global leadership strengths.
Highlights of your plans to evolve your individual leadership skills.
Remember that you will want to tailor your presentation to reflect the particular firm, industry, and leadership position for which you are being considered.
13 Slide PowerPoint with references and graphs attached in this solution. The presentation is represented from an HR manager's perspective in the context of interviewing for a Global HR Management position at a Fortune 250 company. This presentation is to be used as a template and guide for students who need examples for how to put together an MBA level presentation.
Human Resources Management: How does HR planning influence an organization?
1. Human resource planning is considered the most important component of the human resource management (HRM) structure. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain your answer. How does human resource planning influence an organization?
2. Fundamentals of Human Resource Management introduces five job analysis methods including observation, individual interview, group interview, structured questionnaire, technical conference, and diary method. Select two job analysis methods. For each method chosen, describe a situation which is most appropriate to apply the job analysis method. What are some disadvantages associated with each method you have chosen?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of employee referrals? As an employer, what other recruiting strategy might you utilize? Do you believe online recruiting websites are an effective recruiting strategy? Explain your answer.
4. Does your organization incorporate technological advances in its interview of staffing strategies? How effective are these technologies? Name some technologies HRM could possibly use in the interview or staffing process. What would be the advantages or disadvantages of these technologies?
5. Employee selection methods introduced in Ch. 7 of Fundamentals of Human Development include applications, employment tests, interviews, background investigations, and medical or physical examinations. Select three selection methods that you feel are most useful. For each selection method chosen, discuss the reliability and validity of the method. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the selection methods you have chosen?View Full Posting Details