1. Computers, using some AI techniques, can learn. In the classroom while a child is using a tablet PC to learn the basics of addition, how can software be developed to aid in the learning process? Does this mean that teachers are no longer needed for some subjects? Are teachers needed in earlier grades while computer-based training can take over in later grades? Why or why not?
2. End-user systems, like those that allow patrons to order meals on an iPad, must be "idiot proof." (We apologize for the crudeness of that term.) That is, systems must be usable without training and created in such a way, for example, that a patron at one table can't accidentally change the order of a patron at another table. What does this mean for systems development? Can complex and complicated end-user systems be developed and deployed on tablet PCs so that people can use the systems without training and without intervention by a knowledgeable person such as a waiter or waitress?
3. What security issues are involved in allowing people to pay with tablet PCs? Does this payment process make it easier for someone to steal your credit card information? Are you comfortable using a restaurant-supplied technology to enter your credit card information? Why or why not?
4. What will happen to offshore outsourcing for software development? Can outsourcing firms in India and China for example be expected to develop software systems for use in U.S. schools? Can those same firms be expected to develop systems that meet FAA rules and restrictions?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:57 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Software can be developed to aid in the learning process by ensuring that the software provides for non-sophisticated and incremental descriptions and explanations of academic material to students. Teachers will always be needed, due to the fact that only human beings can analyze the students and detect what approaches are best for reaching different students, who often learn in different ways from one another. Computer-based training would never be able to take over completely, due to the fact that teachers are necessary in order to effectively deal with the ...
Situational Analysis for a Marketing Plan
I need help elaborating on a Situational Analysis section of a marketing plan I have the SWOT section but need the following sections:
Market and Industry Definition
Product Sales History
Pervious Performance Vs. Objectives
Market Potential and Forecast
The product of choice is a tablet computer which will have touch screen function. It will recognize handwriting, will have high definition display, will have a wireless mobile browser, and have e-mail and social media devices. The tablet will have messaging, video calling, and speaker-phone functions. It will enable GPS navigation, e-book reading and scanning ability. The tablet will enable the downloading of applications, will have a media player functions and will have a battery life between four and ten hours. The tablet will also have a docking station with full QWERTY keyboard and USB port.
The company is located in Minnesota and has a total workforce of 2,800. The annual production volume will be 1.5 million tablet computers. The company will have a horizontal structure. Each function will have teams between 4 and 16 employees organized around different processes. There will not be a formal leader but the teams will have to designate a person as a leader and that person will interact with the supervisor of the team. The company will have the following functions: production, marketing, research and development, human resources, finance, administration, and strategic planning.
The product will be a wireless tablet cum scanner. The tablet will offer direct interactions with eBooks, videos, and applications. It will also have a web-browser for web surfing and will provide access to a large number of application stores. The scanner in the tablet will optically scan images, printed text, handwriting, or objects and converts it into a digital image. The tablet will support apps provided by most banks for mobile check deposits. In addition, it will support mobile purchase of insurance policies, real estate, and exporting of products produced in the USA. The scanned documents will be sent to the relevant authority in seconds and immediate approval received.
The pricing of the tablet cum scanner will be $159. This is penetration pricing and it is expected that the first year production of 1.5 million tablets will be sold.
The distribution of the tablet will be through national retailers Target stores, Sears, and Wal-Mart. The tablet will be available through several websites such as Amazon.com, Wal-Mart.com, and newegg.com.
The promotion of the tablet will be through internet based advertising, advertising on Facebook, Television advertising, and newspaper advertising. Also there will be write-ups on computer sites on the internet that will describe the tablet. Further, there will be newspaper reviews about the tablet. There will also be a grand launch of the product that will feature rock music stars and the program will have television coverage. Finally, there will be company sales persons at retail outlet where the tablet is being sold who will offer special discounts to customers interested in the tablet.