- In your opinion, which of the strategies for gaining competitive advantage is most effective, and why? Which is least effective, and why?
- Suppose you are the CEO of a mid-size company. Which information technologies would you be most likely to implement at your company, and why?
- What do you see as the most significant pros and cons of using the Five Forces Model to evaluate information technologies?
- Explain the computer classification of each operating system (OS).
- Describe the software types.
Identify the generations of computer languages used.
- Reflect on how the software types and computer languages have evolved over time, and what this has meant for the use of these operating systems.
- Include a table that compares the programming languages according to criteria of your choice, as evaluated in your paper. Use this table to support the assertions in your paper.
Select three technology tools.
- For each, explain how use of this tool has contributed to cyber crimes, focusing on how the crimes are committed and what related protection strategies exist.
- For each, explain how use of this tool can lead to a violation of privacy and what may be done to protect against that.
- Which of the guidelines for security systems do you find most essential and why?
- Describe whether there any security system guidelines that could be eliminated without weakening the security system.
- Explain which elements of such a security system would be most difficult to protect or enforce.
- Outline a wireless network and technology that you use regularly. What sorts of security issues do you face, and how do you address them?
- Describe a mobile network and technology that you use regularly. What sorts of security issues do you face, and how do you address them?
- In your opinion, what is the importance of the convergence phenomenon? How might it affect IT or MIS development in the years to come?
- In your opinion, what are the two most useful Internet services? Explain.
- In your opinion, what are the two most useful Web applications? Explain.
- Select two Web 2.0, 3.0, or Internet2 trends to compare. How has each changed typical Internet usage? • Which do you think will have more staying power and why?
Explain relevant components and functions (or services) of elements of the Internet and related Web technologies. Address the following components:
- The Internet and Web
- The DNS and directories
- Navigational tools and search engines
- Intranets and extranets
- Explain whether, in your opinion, e-commerce will increase or decrease in the years to come; can it outpace in-person commerce?
- Describe the business model you would be most likely to use if starting an e-commerce business of your own.
- Describe several of the pros and cons of e-commerce as compared to in-person commerce.
- Describe how a product or service would move through the business-to-consumer e-commerce cycle.
- Illustrate how a product or service would move through the business-to-business e-commerce cycle (use a B2B model of your choice).
- Analyze how mobile- and voice-based technologies could be used in each of the above e-commerce cycles.
Hope you are well.
--Part 1: Consider the main advantage for competitive advantage is in product features in succeeding claims of superiority over market competitors. Therefore, the marketing initiatives are all geared towards reinforcing such brand features claims that succeeds in building the brand equity (that is vital for the company to sustaining long-term operations within the targeted marketplace). Try and think of the least effective measure by limited accessibility in connecting with the targeted audience or higher performance output, such as, the reduction in resources to properly marketing in extended markets. Basically, the types of information technologies should reflect upgraded internal database systems that accounts for productive processes to assist in business continuity.
Keep in mind, the most significant points of reference in five forces model is to evaluating bargaining power of suppliers in products necessary for keeping prices and cost down, while, the bargaining power of buyers offer an increase in brand identity long-term. By evaluating the threat of new entrants, the new product development of services either by using informational technologies offer strategic application towards maintaining threat of substitutes within an industry rivalry platform.
--Part 2: The various options in computer classification can range internally platform of an application or an embedded framework, such as, the following:
a) Interactive - an operating system that interacts with user / non user predesigned supply of commands by data applied within an application program.
b) Real Time - an operating system that centers on predefined set of time reference to executing applications, at times, the unpredictability factor is key in providing such tasks.
c) Network - try and think of the operating system with a direct connection to the main network with laying effects to intercepting commands for implementation in one point of reference and to network file server.
Aim in thinking the software types as two main types, as well; the system software for operating commands tasks successfully throughout the hardware components and the application software (try and think of third-party vendors software) to execute certain specification of tasks. By identity method, the generations of computer languages used depends on the programmable codes installed to interpret and read accordingly to execute the software's primary objectives. The changing languages of computers have grown to more specialization due to the faster processes to handling more complex commands, as in, the Adobe products or Apple Inc.
Below is a sample of a comparative table ...
This solution provides a review into management information systems on effectively programming operations within variety of techniques to operating software accordingly.