Write a one-page (250-word) paper that includes the following:
- Define a business process and give an example.
- Compare the book's methodology to the methodology you found in your research.
- Include a sentence or two on what you think about these methodologies.
- Be sure to reference the researched methodology.
- Provide a brief explanation of the relationship between business processes and information systems.
The business process is a set of interrelated activities that take place in a firm that lead to satisfaction of the needs of the customer and delivering goods or services that fulfill that need. The focus is on business goals (Peter Kueng, Peter Kawalek, 1997). An example is that of a packaged food company that buys wheat as raw material from farmers, cleans the wheat, grinds it into flour of specified size, makes pasta from the wheat and processes it so that it can be packed. After packaging the pasta is driven to departmental stores where it is sold to customers. The ultimate goal is to sell pasta to customers. ...
This posting gives you a step-by-step explanation of value creation. The response also contains the sources used.
Write a reaction as a result of reading the book Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done. This paper should include answers and discussion around the following questions:
(1) Do you agree with Bossidy's & Charan's (2002) disciple of execution specifically in terms of their stated three core processes for every successful business: the people process, the strategy process & the operation process? Why or why not?
(2) Does your place of employment (past or present) emulate this type of "execution?" If so, how? If not, could it? Why or why not? Do you believe an "execution" philosophy for ensuring strategic management principles can really work in organizations? Why or why not?
2600 words not a paper!