Not what you're looking for?
See the attached file.
Based on the Just-in-Time Under Fire: The Five Major Constraints Upon JIT Practices article you read in this unit, describe problems associated with just-in-time (JIT) in the following categories:
* External obstacles.
* Global and logistical issues.
* Behavioral constraints.
* Intractable accounting systems.
* Small supplier difficulties.
What does the author conclude is the major problem with how JIT has been focused?
Purchase this Solution
The expert examines operations management for JIT five major constraints.
Please refer to the attached file for the response.
Operations Management - JIT
Based on the Just-in-Time under Fire: The Five Major Constraints upon JIT Practices article, the problems associated with just-in-time (JIT) are as follows:
1. External obstacles
These are problems or constraints that may limit the effectiveness of JIT inventory policy and are not within direct control of the management of the company because they are external in nature. These may include:
a) Scarcity of raw materials that may result to significant fluctuations in its prices.
b) Customer expectations. These expectations may change from time to time. This will require some adjustments in the factors of production and the corresponding inventory level that must be put up.
c) Rate of consumer demand. A producer or a manager cannot expect constant demand of consumers. There are factors that may put an upward or downward pressure on their demand. Hence, applying JIT will either not allow the company to cope with ...
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of the Philippines
- Master in Business Administration, Saint Mary's University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, University of the Philippines
- Doctor in Business Adminstration (IP), Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- "Excellent information thanks for the input"
- "Thank you"
- "Very thorough and informative. Thank you."
- "Good response. Very detailed"
- "This solution is excellent. Thank you"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
In our ever changing world, developing secondary income streams is becoming more important. This quiz provides a brief overview of income sources.
The following quiz will assess your ability to identify steps in the marketing research process. Understanding this information will provide fundamental knowledge related to marketing research.
This tests some key elements of major motivation theories.
The quiz will test your knowledge on basic social media concepts.
This quiz tests your knowledge of the components of the statements of cash flows and the methods used to determine cash flows.