1. Assume the following cost of goods sold data for a company:
If 2012 is the base year, what is the percentage increase in cost of goods sold from 2012 to 2014?
2. Krug Corporation has income before taxes of $900,000 and an extraordinary gain of $300,000. If the income tax rate is 25% on all items, the income statement should show income before irregular items and extraordinary items, respectively, of:
3. Maisley Company decided to analyze certain costs for June of the current year. Units started into production equaled 28,000 and ending work in process equaled 4,000. With no beginning work in process inventory, how much is the conversion cost per unit if ending work in process was 25% complete and total conversion costs equaled $105,000
4. The Molding Department of Boswell Company has the following production data: beginning work process 40,000 units (60% complete), started into production 680,000 units, completed and transferred out 640,000 units, and ending work in process 80,000 units (40% complete). Assuming materials are entered at the beginning of the process, equivalent units for materials are:
5. At January 1, 2013, Deer Corp. has beginning inventory of 2,000 surfboards. Deer estimates it will sell 10,000 units during the first quarter of 2013 with a 12% increase in sales each quarter. Deer's policy is to maintain an ending inventory equal to 25% of the next quarter's sales. Each surfboard costs $100 and is sold for $150. How much is budgeted sales revenue for the third quarter of 2013?
6 Materials costs of $500,000 and conversion costs of $535,500 were charged to a processing department in the month of September. Materials are added at the beginning of the process, while conversion costs are incurred uniformly throughout the process. There were no units in beginning work in process, 100,000 units were started into production in September, and there were 8,000 units in ending work in process that were 40% complete at the end of September.
What was the total amount of manufacturing costs assigned to those units that were completed and transferred out of the process in September?
7. If equivalent units are 12,000 for conversion costs and units transferred out equals 8,000, what stage of completion should the ending work in process be for the 16,000 units remaining?
8. The last department in a production process shows the following information at the end of the period:
Beginning Work in Process 25,000
Started into Production 200,000
Ending Work in Process 50,000
How many units have been transferred out to finished goods during the period?
9. At January 1, 2013, Deer Corp. has beginning inventory of 2,000 surfboards. Deer estimates it will sell 10,000 units during the first quarter of 2013 with a 12% increase in sales each quarter. Deer's policy is to maintain an ending inventory equal to 25% of the next quarter's sales. Each surfboard costs $100 and is sold for $150. How much is budgeted sales revenue for the third quarter of 2013?
10. A company determined that the budgeted cost of producing a product is $30 per unit. On June 1, there were 80,000 units on hand, the sales department budgeted sales of 300,000 units in June, and the company desires to have 120,000 units on hand on June 30. The budgeted cost of goods manufactured for June would be© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 18, 2018, 2:47 pm ad1c9bdddf
The following problems helps with problems involving the cost of goods sold.