Working as a team, select and research an international company that interests you. (Annual reports often can be obtained from companies' web sites.)
Conduct a brief organizational analysis by answering the following questions:
1. What is the company's mission statement or overriding objective?
2. In which nations does it produce and market its products?
3. Are its production facilities centralized or decentralized?
4. Does it standardize products or adapt them for different markets?
5. What type of organizational structure does it have?
6. Which of the two types of international strategy does it seem to follow?
7. Does the company make use of work teams?
8. Based on the strategies that this company employs within the organization, will the company be successful in its international ventures? What changes would you recommend the organization make to help it be more successful in international markets?
This is for a discussion board. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:22 pm ad1c9bdddf
By illustrate examples, this solution conducts a brief organizational analysis of KFC by answering the questions on several dimensions e.g. company's mission statement or overriding objective, the nation where it produces its products and marketing, centralized or decentralized, standardize products or adapt them for different markets, etc.
Entry Strategy Analysis
Prepare a 1,050-1,400-word paper where you describe your company's entry strategy. When writing the paper, please address the following:
A. Identify and asses two modes of entry for your company. They want to find a way to enter into a Latin American country, not already doing business,market.
1. The two modes should from different categories of entry.
2. Justify your choices based on the infrastructure characteristics described in the environmental analysis performed on your company in individual paper 1.
B. Determine the impact that a non-governmental organization would have on both of these entry strategies.
1. You may choose any one (1) NGO.
2. Determine if the NGO has an impact on your organization's operations in their home country.
3. Just what is the impact (if any) that the NGO plays in your industry.
C. Identify three (3) cultural and/or geographical factors that do have an impact on your organization's operations. Then address how those factors impact the HR function. Pay particular attention to:
1. Staffing and recruiting for the new organization;
2. Training and compensation at the new organization;
3. Expatriate policies at the new organization.
The organization you chose in Individual Paper 1 is the organization that you will use for this paper.