1. Is it possible to achieve competitive advantage without the implementation of strategic management? If yes, describe how and explain your rationale. If no, then explain why and provide at least one example.
2. Which stage in the strategic-management process is most difficult? Explain why.
3. According to James Van Horne, what are the three decisions that comprise the functions of finance? Describe each function, and identify the role of each function in strategic management.
4. Define what strategists are. Describe what they do in an organization
5. Identify and briefly explain the steps that are involved in the controlling function of management. Which, in your view, is most important? Why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:17 am ad1c9bdddf
1. It is possible to achieve competitive advantage without implementation of strategic management. Strategic management means conscious study of and analysis of the external and internal environment. To gain competitive advantage, the implementation of strategic management is not necessary. Competitive advantage can be achieved by a firm through its cost structure, product offerings, distribution networks, or customer support. These can be achieved without strategic management implementation. For example, a company gets a monopoly in mining from the government; it can gain competitive advantage without strategic management implementation. The rationale is that a firm does not require strategic management implementation to get an edge over rivals.
2. The strategy implementation is the most difficult stage of the strategic management process. This stage is critical for the success of the business. This stage is most difficult because the goals that have been set have to be achieved; the tasks that have been assigned have to be completed. The objectives have to be achieved within the assigned budget and the time set for achieving the objectives. The success of the strategic management process depends to a great extent on the success of this stage. This stage is difficult because the tasks ...
The answer to this problem explains important aspects of strategic mangement. The references related to the answer are also included.
(Business Policy and Strategy)
The purpose of this activity is to develop a research taxonomy related to the Strategic Management process. With this assignment, you are to investigate scholarly theories related to Strategic Management. You are encouraged to utilize the Research Database found in the CSU Online Library . This database will allow you to quickly search through thousands of journal articles.
The object of your taxonomy is to identify at least ten separate and distinct theories related to our topic. With those theories in hand, you are to develop an annotated bibliography that includes the following components:
Summarize the theory with a brief overview of the import concepts and components.
Analyze how the theory applies to the topic of strategic management.
Assess how each separate theory you provide builds upon or conflicts with other theories you have provided in your taxonomy,.
Final taxonomy should include article link or reference, follow APA guidelines, and be no more than five pages in length.