Describe the dependence model of power as well as the five sources of power in organizations. Give an example that did or could apply in real life.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:45 am ad1c9bdddf
Power is the ability to make someone else do something that he/she does not wish to do. The dependence model of power is a relationship between two people, where one person has the ability to influence another person, for better or for worse. Most of the population is not, in general, always compliant. Hence, in order to make a person do something that he/she would otherwise not do, the person doing the task must be dependent on the one who holds power.
The five sources of power in organizations are described below.
1) Legitimate Power
This is also known as positional power, and is based on a person's hierarchy in the organization. In general, people who hold positions higher in the organization have legitimate power over those who hold junior positions. This power is legitimate as it is ...
In this solution, the dependence model of power is explained in 530 words. An example of each of the five sources of power is provided.
Logistic Forward Multiple Regression Analysis Using SPSS
Logistic Regression: Discovering Statistics (4th ed) Using IBM SPSS Statistics Chapter 19, "Logistic Regression", and using IBM SPSS Statistics the following:
1. State the underlying assumptions for the statistical test.
2. State whether the assumptions have been met.
a. If the assumptions were not met (either in actuality or hypothetically), state what alternatives are available.
3. State the null and alternative (research) hypotheses.
4. Input syntax file
5. Create a MS word document with the Output file in it.
6. Create a results table consistent with requirements of APA.
7. Report the results for the following (where applicable) using correct APA format.
a. For ANOVA, ANCOVA, and Repeated Measures ANOVA models, provide interpretations for the main effects and interactions as well as any post-hoc tests.
b. For Multiple and Logistic Regression models include appropriate measures of model fit as well as the specific procedure used (e.g., Hierarchical, Enter, Stepwise, Forward, Backward).
8. Describe how to compute the sample size to achieve 80% power, alpha = .05, and the appropriate effect size.View Full Posting Details