What are the top two aspects I should focus on in the selection process when selecting candidates in an organization and why? If I had to choose 2 employment test in the selection process which 2 would be more appropriate and why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:06 am ad1c9bdddf
The following are among the types of tests that have been used in the recruitment, selection and hiring process:
1. Cognitive Ability Tests - measures a person's ability to learn, understand and solve problems. The test questions include logic, reading comprehension, reasoning skills, and others that test mental ability that can determine one's ability to be successful in different kinds of jobs. By learning about one's aptitude, employers can assess a person's ability to solve problems related to the job. This is among the most widely used tests in most recruitment and hiring processes. Examples: IQ tests, Intelligence tests.
2. Personality Tests - assess a person's behaviour and patterns of thought. These tests measure behavior traits, interpersonal interactions, extraversion or introversion, conscientiousness, optimism, stress tolerance level, emotional stability, proactivity. These ...
This solution discusses seven types of tests used in the recruitment, selection and hiring process with examples for most in 524 words.
Selection Process and Testing Devices
The information that a selection specialist uses to predict future job performance can be obtained from several different types of devices: application forms, interviews, tests, work simulations, etc. The selection process should include the following components:
1. Identification of the device or devices to be used and ways in which technology can be used to make the device(s) more effective
2. A Rationale for Usage
3. How the Device or Devices Will Be Used in the Selection Process
4. A List of Resources Cited.