Organizations are facing new challenges as they "go global."
- What are some organizational issues in technology, communications and staffing that organizations might face as they move operations abroad?
- How might different management styles be used to deal with these challenges?
Use an article from the web that relates to organization change in the international context to anchor your discussion.
Organizational Change: Organizations are facing new challenges as they "go global."
What are some organizational issues in technology, communications and staffing that organizations might face as they move operations abroad?
It is difficult to describe the term 'globalization' comprehensively, but there is one aspect of globalization that tends to be most apparent in almost every facet of life and it is the emergence of technology. Most of the high-tech businesses have become global in scope and companies are increasingly aware and concerned with domestic regulatory and compliance issues together with international requirements. A few of the technology issues are the following:
1. Internet Privacy - This directive prohibits businesses that don't comply with the European Union's privacy standards from receiving information about European citizens.
2. Free Trade Agreements - They help boost trade and investment on a mutually beneficial basis and open new markets to U.S. goods and services when implemented. However, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will have to work to ensure these FTAs do not place undue burdens on U.S. innovation and the deployment of new technologies.
3. Standards - The United States is expected to take the lead in deploying the latest generation of wireless services to avoid being forced to adopt technology standards as consumers of mobile telecommunications services increasingly seek worldwide ...
The solution discusses organizational issues in technology, communications, and staffing that organizations might face as they move their operations abroad. It also explains how different management styles can be used to deal with these challenges. References are included.