Requirement #1 Using the data above (attached in Question file), which has also been provided electronically in Excel, run the following regression analyses:
• Linear regression analyzing total overhead cost and units sold
• Linear regression analyzing total overhead cost and machine hours used
• Multiple regression analysis analyzing total overhead cost along with both units sold and machine hours used
Requirement #2 Based on the results from the three regression analyses determine which correlation provides the best estimate of the total cost equation. Explain why you selected the correlation that you did.
Requirement #3 Write out the total cost equation using the results from the multiple regression test.
Requirement #4 Create a "Contribution" formatted income statement using the results from the multiple regression test. Use the following additional information regarding machine hours, used by each product, which has also been provided in Excel electronically (attached in Question file)
Requirement #6 A new customers has surfaced. That customer has asked you to consider producing a special one-time order for them. This special order would require a modification to the recipe that will slightly increase the variable cost per unit. Furthermore, there would be a small fixed cost addition. The details for the order are attached in Questions file. Conduct a differential analysis regarding this special order. Would you accept this order under the conditions provided? Explain and defend your position.
Requirement #7: Your management team has asked you to consider investing in a new piece of equipment. The details of that investment opportunity are in attached Question file.
The discount rate for this project is 5%. Compute the following:
• Net Present Value & Internal Rate of Return
Would you recommend investing in this new piece of equipment? Explain and defend your position.
Linear regression analyzing total overhead costs and unit sold are given. Multiple regression analyzing total overhead costs along with both units sold are given.
Building and Analyzing a Monthly Profit Report
Performance Drinks makes four different kinds of sports drinks. Those drinks are as follows:
You recall from your Management Accounting class that product costs are comprised of:
- Direct Materials
- Direct Labor
- Manufacturing Overhead
That report is following:
(see attached file for data)
Since your primary area of focus is on the indirect costs you compile the following report which further details your overhead charges:
1. Based on all of the date provided, compute the cost driver rates for each of the four activities.
2. Compute the per unit product costs for each of the four products. Compute this cost using ABC allocation for overhead. Show the computation for each per unit product cost in detail.
3. Prepare a "Monthly Profit Report", like the one provided on page 4 of this packet. Create this report using the results of your ABC overhead allocation.
4. Explain why the profit for each product is different when comparing the Traditional report with the ABC report. Explain what the company might consider doing, based on all of this information, to stop the erosion of company profits. Defend your recommendations with data.
If plant capacity was shifted from 20,000 machine-hours a month to 40,000 machine-hours per month!
5. Compute the new cost per unit for each of the products considering the increase in capacity. Show the computation for each per unit product cost in detail.
6. What is the cost of the unused capacity if it is assumed that the company has 40,000 machine-hours of capacity but it using 20,000 machine-hours? Amend your "Management Report" to include a discussion on how to best use the additional capacity.
(see attached file for more detailed information and questions)View Full Posting Details