How does planning theory differ from the practice of planning? What is the major difference between public planning and private planning? List and discuss three theoretical approaches to the process of planning. Which approach do you feel is most effective for urban planners?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:50 am ad1c9bdddf
Please find below my research to help you respond to your assignment.
Thank you for patronizing BrainMass.
Planning theory is mostly concerned with procedural or substantive frameworks. Planners discuss what they can do based on the knowledge or facts that have been gathered. Planners meet and talk about what they should do so that they can achieve desirable future conditions without allowing contextual differences to control them. Planners are in the best position to define or explain deeper the processes that practitioners do during their practice. Planning theories help the planners identify major problems facing society so that they can anticipate the significant outcomes. Theories of planning guide the practitioners' attention toward their goals, channelling their efforts on developing strategies and appropriate solutions to problems. However, these theories are mostly ...
This solution discusses
- planning theory and practice of planning explained and differentiated,
- difference between public planning and private planning, and
- three theoretical approaches to the process of planning described
in 499 words & 3 references.
Strategic Planning Versus Humanistic Management
Please help with developing the response to the following:
1. Compare and contrast quality programs, such as humanistic management and strategic planning theories. What are the differences and similarities?
2. Was the Balanced Scorecard theory innovative? Why or why not?View Full Posting Details