I do not need long explanations. The shorter the better.
Example would be:
What is the "Scanlon" plan? A gainsharing plan designed to link employee rewards to the firms performance.
1. What are the levels of management
2. What is the Scanlon plan
3. Define communication skills
4. Difference between decision making and problem solving
5. How do organization efforts help social responsibilities
6. What is strategic planning
7. Phases of strategic management process
8. What is unity of command principle
9. Difference between inside and outside board of directors
10. How to build productive teams
11. Types of employment interviews
12. (5) methods of training
13. Methods of management development
14. What is scientific management
15. What is the equity theory
16. What is the hierarchy means of approach
17. What are the major components of job satisfaction
18. What is the managerial grid
19. What are leadership theories
20. What are the stages of conflict
21. What are the categories of change and how do they apply to the organization
22. What is the Lewin's model for change
23. (10) methods of performance appraisals
24. Performance appraisal errors
25. Define job method
26. (2) Basic operating methods
27. Categories of cost that concern management
28. What is six sigma
29. What is Reengineering
30. What is the definition of fixed and variable overhead
Principles of Management:
1. The levels of management refer to a line of demarcation between various positions of management in an organization. These levels are the top level, middle level and low level (Management study guide, n.d).
2. A Scanlon plan is a cost-saving productivity-incentive plan in which any saving that is computed per unit of output is compared with a standard labor cost that is agreed upon and is shared equally between the firm and workers (Business dictionary, 2011).
3. Communication skills are the techniques and art of persuasion through the use of written and oral language (Definition of communication skills, n.d).
4. Decision making is the process of action plan whereas problem solving involves looking at the potential causes of the problem (Olivia, 2011).
5. Organizations acknowledge social responsibility by exercising social responsibility toward general social welfare, toward the natural environment and their stakeholders by striving diligently to meet each of them (Griffin, 2008).
6. Strategic planning is a management tool that helps an organization to assess and adjust the organization' direction in response to a changing environment, ensures that members of the organization are working towards the same goals and also helps an organization focus its strategies (Alliance for non-profit management, n.d).
7. There are four phases of strategic management process which are defining the vision, broad objectives, purpose and business mission. The others are formulating of strategies, implementation of strategies and evaluation of strategies (Bhasin, 2010).
8. Unity of command principle is a principle that an employee should have only one supervisor to whom he or she is responsible (concepts of organizing, n.d).
9. The inside board of directors have a tie to the organization whereas the outside directors are independent from the organization (Sims, 2003).
10. A productive team can be built by considering team members' ideas as valuable, establishing ground rules for your team, gaining commitment to the objectives and setting realistic expectations (Building a productive and collaborative team, n.d).
11. There are two types of employment interviews which are the screening and the call-back interviews (Employment interviews, 2008).
12. The five methods f training are on-the-job training, skill lesson, discussion, computer based training and lecture (Principles and methods of training, n.d).
13. The methods of management development are behavioral and cognitive methods (Methods of training and development, n.d).
14. Scientific management is an early 20th century school of management thought that is primarily concerned with the physical efficiency of an individual worker (Business dictionary, n.d).
15. Equity theory is the concept that people derive motivation and job satisfaction by comparing their outputs and inputs with those of other ...
This solution provides a study guide for the principles of management.