1. What are the advantage to using an ERP system? What are the disadvantages?
2. If you were the chief information officer of a large company, would you recommend implementing an ERP system? Why or why not?
3. How can a small business avoid experiencing "just another ERP failure"?
4. What role does technology play in CRM? Is CRM mostly about technology or mostly about relationships?
6. If you were the chief executive officer of a Fortune 500 company, would you be comfortable using social media sites like Facebook or LinkedIn as part of your CRM strategy? Why or why not?
1. Enterprise resource planning software or ERP, "Attempts to integrate all departments and functions across a company onto a single computer system that can serve all those different departments' particular needs" (1). ERP enables capturing and sharing of important information of the organization across all the levels of the organization.
ERP can lead to improvement in efficiency and effectiveness. ERP is a system which helps in combining and linking all the department of the organization electronically. ERP helps in faster communication , better collaboration amongst the departments. It helps in reducing inventory, improving customer service and better efficiency.
ERP can be costly and time taking which may lead to unfavourable benefit to cost ratio. Implementation of ERP is challenging which may be a big hurdle. Hence organization should know these challenges. ERP may not be required for micro and small ...
Solution helps in discussing implementing an ERP system and CRM.