I am working on the case study NIBCO's Big Bang: An SAP Implementation.
In July 1996, the ERP selection team recommended to th eELT that NIBCO purchase a single ERP system: SAP R/3. I need help with the following discussion questions:
1. Discuss the reasons behind NIBCO's decision to implement an ERP system
2. Describe the pros and cons of the approach to implementation decided upon by NIBCO
3. Analyze and provide recommendations for how the project was managed including its management structure.
The main reason behind NIBCO's decision to implement an organization wide ERP system was to integrate all the operations of the organization over an integrated, single platform, so that problems related to coordinating information and data from standalone systems can be eliminated and the organization can function more efficiently. The company's existing systems were obsolete and were not efficient enough or suitable to meet the growing needs of the organization. The entire supply chain process had to be strengthened in order to meet customer needs and thus, it was imperative that the organization move towards a centralized and integrated platform.
The decision of the company to move towards a cross functional, matrix structure in order to support the integration of the organization's functions and processes for implementing new ERP software was a good move as the re engineering process was necessary to eradicate obsolete practices and adopt best practices in the organization for supporting this new initiative.
The company's decision to involve representatives from various functional areas to evaluate the various alternatives was also a good decision as it allowed the end users to evaluate the prospective system ...
Discusses case study related to SAP implementation.
Case Study Analysis: NIBCO's 'Big Bang': An SAP Implementation
Case Study III-5
NIBCO's 'Big Bang': An SAP Implementation
Carol V. Brown and Iris Vessey
- Discuss reasons behind NIBCO's decision to implement an ERP system.
- Describe the pros and cons of the approach to implementation decided upon by NIBCO.
- Provide your analysis and recommendation for how the project was managed including its management structure.