Select three related eBusiness Web sites and analyze the sites in terms of navigation, marketing, and legal ethical regulatory issues.
Find three different Web sites for the business area selected. Describes how the "look and feel" differs for the three Web sites. Include an evaluation of the ease of navigation of each Web site.
The three websites we choose is as follows:
Priceline.com is the company that allows its customer to quote a price, and if there is any airlines that offers tickets below the price the customer has quoted then the customer gets the ticket. The company has tried to apply the same technique to other forms of its business like hotel, car and cruise booking. Even though this is a price based strategy, I found that deals on expedia.com and hotwire.com were better than those offered on priceline.com.
1. The navigation is based on the need to have customers buy airlines tickets. There is a destination fields having from and to. This leads to a menu of choice of airways and fares.
2. The entire array of results showing the different airfares that are available are presented.
3. There are links of airfares plus hotel deals..
4. The airlines are listed in order of the relative prices starting from the lowest to the highest.
5. One gets the choice of the direct flights. There are also options for single trips and multiple destination trips.
1. The company is competing on price and allows you to make a bid for an air ticket.
2. The customer has the choice of making a bid and if there is an airline that is selling a ticket at a lower rate, the ticket is sold. The difference between the price quoted and the cost of the ticket quoted by the airline is the profit for priceline.com.
3. The value proposition is that it allow the customer to bid.
4. The same proposition is extended to flights, hotels, rental cars, vacation packages, cruises and tours and attractions.
5. The differentiation is that every seller quotes his price; here the buyer is allowed to quote the price.
6. The target market is the tourist traveler who is looking for a good deal.
Legal Ethical Regulatory Issues:
1. The terms and conditions of doing business are given clearly.
3. The ad ware / spy ware policy that is it does not contract any outside party to use adware on its behalf. This is in accordance to the ethics of priceline.com.
4. The website mentions that PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM and NAME YOUR PRICE are service marks of priceline.com incorporated.
5. The US patent numbers are also given on the home page and so is the CS number.
This posting gives you an in-depth insight into eBusiness Web sites