Please help with the following questions in three to four pages with references so that I may conduct further research to understand the response to my posting. Cite sources where they apply.
For this assignment, please research ethics in the workplace, including the 2010 Deloitte LLP Ethics & Workplace Survey (see http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/About/Ethics-Independence/8aa3cb51ed812210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm)
Address the following:
1. The survey mentions the impact that leadership transparency has on a more productive and ethical workforce. Please bring in your readings and research and discuss this relationship.
2. Discuss HRM's role in "reinforcing a values-based culture... to help cultivate employee trust." Be sure to also provide examples--- systems, processes and/or programs implemented today in organizations to help cultivate trust. Specifically, provide names of actual employers, if possible.
Provide private-sector employer examples of HRM programs, systems, processes and/or procedures as you address the above assignment requirements. Provide the names of employers. Complement internet research by including reference information from back ground readings:
1. 2010 Deloitte LLP Ethics & Workplace Survey. Retrieved August 19, 2011, http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/About/Ethics-Independence/8aa3cb51ed812210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm
2. Hirschman, C. (2008, Aug). Giving voice to employee concerns. HRMagazine, 53(8), 51-53.
3. How to help reinvigorate your organization's ethics program. (2003, June). HR Focus, 80(6), 7.
4.Krell, E. (2010, April). How to Conduct an Ethics Audit. HRMagazine, 55(4), 48-51.
5. Lockwood, N. (2010, October). Measuring ROI for diversity management - Case histories from a report from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). Diversity Factor (Online), 18(3), 1-6.
What role should HR play in corporate ethics?
Every organization has leaders who have the vision for the organization and the picture of organizations' future. They help organization achieve success, and devise an outline for aiming for higher grounds. As organizational boundaries are increasing, effective leadership is becoming even more challenging. On one hand they have to work in the best interest of organization, on the other hand they are faced with challenges of meeting workforce expectations. For example during economic recession, many organizations resorted to layoffs to cut costs. This decision might have worked in favor of organizations but irked employees. As a result employees lost their trust in employer. Those who were retained too felt out of place as there was no communication from their company's leadership and wanted to look for new employment at the end of recession. According to a survey by Deloitte, transparency of leadership directly impacts productivity and ethical behavior of workforce. Ethical lapses by companies lead to distraction among employees. It is the responsibility of leadership to set ethical tone at the top of the organization. Leaders influence employee behavior through modeling processes which suggests that employees are likely to reciprocate with positive behavior when they and their leaders are based on admiration and trust (Trevino & Brown, 2004). Employees also learn through observation of procedures through which organization handles unfavorable situations. An organization that is open about the situation with employees and seeks ...
The expert determines how to build trust in the workplace. Human resource management's role in "reinforcing a values-based culture" is determined.