Companies who practice positive Social Responsibility.
Find an appropriate article on the Internet which relates to companies that practice social responsibility. The article can be from any bona fide online business/marketing source.
The article does not have to be from an academic journal. Read the article and then write a summary of the article, written in Microsoft Word using 12-point font, single spacing. Follow this format:
1) Name of the article
2) Name of the source and include the website's address (URL)
3) Author and date of the article (must be less than one year old)
4) Approximately 50% of the paper content should be article summary
5) Approximately 50% of the paper content should be how it applies to this class
It is not necessary to include the text of the article.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 9:15 pm ad1c9bdddf
I took a four step approach to completing this assignment: Definition of social responsibility; some characteristics of corporate social responsibility; a brief overview of five different articles on the topic of this assignment (and links); and a sample of how the completed assignment could look.
An organization that practices social responsibility makes decisions not only to benefit the company but in consideration of public interests as well.
II. Some examples of corporate responsibility include but are not limited to:
1) Conserving natural resources (trees, lakes and oceans, energy sources, etc.)
2) Volunteering in the community (i.e. participating in food drives, blood drives, youth center activities, etc.)
3) Financial donations to charitable organizations
4) Ethical business practices
III. A brief overview of articles about companies that are socially responsible (includes date published, link to article, and characteristics of social responsibility):
1. "Hershey's Socially Responsible Actions Live Out Milton Hershey's Vision" (September 2010)
Article discusses Hershey's corporate social responsibility activities in the areas of marketplace, environment, workplace and community.
The characteristics covered in this article are volunteerism, energy conservation, and ethical business practices. Under volunteerism, for example, the company raises money for the Children's Miracle Network through a company sponsored track and field event. The company participates in the United Way by offering a matching gift for each employee donation.
2. "Pfizer Moves Beyond ...
This 945-word solution utilizes a four-step approach to completing this assignment by defining social responsibility; listing some of the characteristics of corporate social responsibility; an overview of five different articles on the topic of social responsibility found on the Internet with references/web addresses; and a sample article review written using the information contained in this solution.