Hi, I need some assistance with the following task. I need to respond to the following questions with my thoughts, ideas, and comments.
Task: You begin your research in deciding if and what the global strategy should be. You get your team together and begin to discuss a plan on how you will research this possibility. You start the meeting by saying:
"Let's brainstorm and start to get a plan together for a possible globalization strategy. Tiffany, I'd like you work with me to begin researching possible locations."
Tiffany asks, "I do think we need to research some locations but, I think there is more to it than that. There still needs to be a decision on the type of strategy or approach we are taking. Would we use a multi-domestic approach, global approach, or a transnational approach? I'm still not entirely convinced a global strategy is the answer."
"Great point, Tiffany. It is obvious to me as well that we need to explore a strategy that will put us in a better position to handle the economic downturn. We have to provide the board with the facts. They seem to be leaning in the direction of a global strategy, but I'm not sure it's the right move either. That's why we need to research."
- How do you define a global strategy?
- Are there other International strategies and how do they differ?
- What are the possible location options for globalization? What countries?
- Identify a minimum of 3 possible countries and locations. Research each of these locations in the furniture industry and document both the pros and cons of using this in global strategy.
- What country would you choose? What evidence can you provide in support of your choice?
- What evidence might somebody else, who does not agree with you, provide to support their choice?
- What could you tell somebody else to show they are wrong?
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze emerging global marketplace for potential growth and opportunity.
Hi, this should help you to generate some ideas.
Strategy provides long term direction to the organization. It helps the organization in achieving the competitive advantage to the organization. It also tells the organization about its market, values and the way to handle the resources in order to meet the objectives of the organization. "Strategy is the direction and scope of an organization over the long-term: which achieves advantage for the organization through its configuration of resources within a challenging environment, to meet the needs of markets and to fulfill stakeholder expectations." (1) Global strategy helps in deciding about the long term direction relating to international business. There are three types of global strategies: global, ...