Describe individual and organizational responsibilities for risk management and workplace safety
Describe the leading causes of safety and health accidents and how they may be prevented
This writing explores issues of risk management and focuses on preventive as well as corrective policies and procedures that advocate for workplace health and safety.
Get a copy of a health care facility or a construction company's risk management manual or a policies and procedures manual from a business, social service, or educational organization. List, alphabetize, and define up to 20 company acronyms as an Alphabet Soup guide (for example, QA = Quality Assurance; CPR = Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation; EAP = Employee Assistance Program; MSD = Muscular Skeletal Disorder; HIV = Human Immunodeficiency Virus; and so on).
lists and explains how any of the acronyms in your "soup" are related to health and safety in the workplace.
Be specific in your examples and think in terms of the preventive, as well as corrective, workplace health, safety, and risk management procedures.
Describe how you might use Alphabet Soup as a new employee orientation, ice breaker, or team-building exercise
Alphabet Soup.Describe individual and organizational responsibilities for risk management and workplace safety.
Globalization has opened the gate of opportunities for businesses in the global market. But this has brought many risks for organizations too such as operational risk, outsourcing risk, financial risks etc. Companies are facing more complex business risks in a rapidly evolving global marketplace never than before. Risk contributes to bankruptcies, business failures, government intervention and rapid consolidation. That is why it is essential for companies to implement risk management in their system to protect the organization and the interest of its stakeholders in consistently changing market. Let's discuss the organizational and individual's responsibility towards risk management and workplace safety.
Risk Management: Organizational responsibility
1. It is the responsibility of an organization to ensure health and safety of its employees in every aspect related to work and establish measures to protect them.
2. Organize risk assessments, avoid and manage risks.
3. Appropriate guidelines should be provided to employees to avoid risks and to implement protective measures.
4. Measures and protection means should be adopted according to the working conditions.
5. Activities like first aid, fire-fighting and the evacuation of employees in immediate danger must be adapted.
6. It is prime responsibility of an organization to inform and train employees whose job involves exposure of serious and immediate danger at workplace.
7. Organization should appoint few trained workers to ensure that the measures are seriously followed.
8. Ensuring and monitoring the health of workers. Regular health checks of employees should be done.
9. People who are sensitive should be protected against dangers which could affect them easily.
Risk Management: Individual responsibility:
1. It is the responsibility of an individual to take care of his/her own health and security affected by his acts or by omissions at work.
2. Immediately inform concerned people in case of any immediate and serious danger.
3. One should accept management of risks as one of their fundamental duties.
4. Maintain safe and healthy environment at workplace.
5. Obey the guideline and incident and near miss ...
The individual and organizational responsibilities for risk management is determined.