1. Angela Lacy, an African American employee in your accounts receivable department, has filed a charge of discrimination, alleging she was unfairly passed over for promotion and regularly receives smaller pay increases than do employees who perform less well (she alleges). You have to go to your boss, the VP of HR, and explain what elements f your HR system can be used in your legal defense. What things do you hope you did in setting up and administering your systems to counter this discrimination charge?
2. Erin Kelly, VP of Human Resource at Lawson Chemical, just purchased a local salary survey that has employee benefits data. She was shocked to see that Lawson has a larger benefits bill (38 percent of payroll) than the average in the community (31 percent). In a memo to you, she demands an explanation for why our package is significantly bigger. What sound reasons might save you from getting fired?
3. Some people deserve merit pay, and others may not. Take a moment and think about merit pay and its impact on your current or previous jobs. Do you believe merit pay is given justly or unjustly?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 10:38 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. The fact of the matter is the situation will never be such that all employees will be happy. This requires the organization to have certain measures and policies in place to ensure an equitable distribution of promotions, awards, etc....In this particular case, when I go to speak with the boss I am going to stress the fact that we have a fair and equitable evaluation process in place to ensure that all employees are evaluated properly regardless of race, gender, ethnicity. The challenge and concern for the management should be whether Angela Lucy's direct management followed ...
Compensation and benefit issues are examined. Discrimination and merits in the workplace are address through an human resource prospective.
The solution to Compensation and benefits
1. Southeastern Oklahoma State University is growing university, however, professor and employee turn over rate is becoming a major concern. They are currently working on their pay structure, should they conduct a survey for this? Support your answer.
2. CGI is planning to develop a next generation video card for gaming industry. The budget for multi-year research project is approximately 1 billion dollar. CGI is hiring from outside (Temp) and moving some internal employee (full time permanent) for the new projects. But company does not want to lose the key people or designers (software and hardware engineers) in the middle of the project. If CGI is designing the pay structure for the different work group, do they need different pay structure for internal and external employee and if they do/don't then what kind of issues needs to be resolved for these classes?
3. How can Compensable Factor Cube help to design competency based pay plan for a university?
4. Is it possible to implement merit pay for doctors in a private run hospital? What would be the impact?
5. In a very frequent employee turnover business such as a call center, what would be best possible short-term incentives to increase the quality and what should be the timing?
6. Solarium Inc. (IPO) is a two-year-old software development company. They did not provide any health benefit yet. They are planning to introduce health benefit and long term care benefit for their employees. However budgeted cost is soaring. What could be done by management do to benefits planning and design?
7. Identify and discuss potential compensation components offered to an employee of a US business who is being given the opportunity to take a job at a foreign work site.View Full Posting Details