Use the basic outline below to draft your paper. Organize your responses to each question (except Question 5) under the following section headings:
White House Issue (for Question 1)
Public Policy (for Question 2)
Policy Modification (for Question 3)
The Constitution (for Question 4)
Explain through a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Develop a brief overview (i.e., no more than one  paragraph) of the selected issue.
2. Recommend one (1) type of public policy out of the four (4) mentioned within the text and develop a reasoning as to why this policy supports the issue that you have selected. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Suggest two (2) policy modifications that may positively impact and two (2) policy modifications that may negatively impact the outcomes for your selected issue. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: In this question, you are recommending change to the public policy in Question #2 and how the changes will impact the selected issue.
4. Suggest three (3) methods by which the Constitution—specifically the powers of Congress— addresses the role of government within business administration overall for your selected issue. Provide a rationale to support your response. Note: In this question, you are evaluating the relationship between government and business of the selected issue. Focus on the role(s) the government and businesses play in supporting and / or negating the selected issue.
5. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites.. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than ".gov" do not qualify as peer-reviewed.
WEBSITE FOR ISSUES http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues
The discussion relates to a proposed policy affecting the U.S. and its citizens. It is focused on increasing jobs for U.S. workers, using approaches not adopted by current law makers. Both pros and cons of the policy are discussed, along with incorporation of some principles of the Constitution, as they relate to the policy proposed.
Monetary and Fiscal Policy
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. (2004). U.S. Monetary Policy: An Introduction. Retrieved on September 1, 2011 from: http://www.frbsf.org/publications/federalreserve/monetary/MonetaryPolicy.pdf
The U.S. Government Printing Office Published a "A Citizen's Guide to The Federal Bugdet." While this is not available for more recent years, it has some useful information about the federal budget.
GPO Access: Citizen's Guide to the Federal Budget: Fiscal Year 2001. Retrieved September 1, 2011from: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy01/guidetoc.html
For more recent data, the New York Times has an interactive on President Obama's 2011 Budget Proposal and includes information on the 2010 budget:
New York Times: Obama's 2011 Budget Proposal: How It's Spent. Retrieved on September 1, 2011 from: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/02/01/us/budget.html
Another good reference with more recent data:
Center of Budget and Policy Priorities. Policy Basics: Where do Our Federal Tax dollars go? Retrieved September 1, 2011 from: http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258
Please address the following questions.
Clink on this interestic graphic of the U.S. GDP Growth Rate:
U.S. GDP Growth Rate. Retrieved September 1, 2011 from: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/economics/gdp-growth.aspx?Symbol=USD
1. How is a recession defined? Is the U.S. currently in a recession? Explain.
2. Assume you are an advisor to President Obama. What fiscal policy tools could be used to stimulate the economy? Be sure to review Obama's 2011 Budget Proposal (NY Times). Are there any specific areas that you would change?
3. Now assume you are an advisor to Ben Bernake. What specific tools can the Federal Reserve use to stimulate the economy and increase economic growth. Please identify at least two tools.
4. What should the Fed do if it wanted to reduce inflation in terms of the money supply?View Full Posting Details