I need help answering the following questions in 250 words or more. Please use APA formatting when assisting and list all references, if any are used.
- Define the polycentric, ethnocentric, and geocentric approaches to staffing.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of each for international company
- If you were responsible for expanding a business overseas, which of the staffing
approaches would you use? Why?
The polycentric approach to staffing employs host country nationals to manage subsidiaries in their own country, and parent country nationals for positions at headquarters. The concept is that local methods are found to be more appropriate to deal with local market conditions. The basic core is that each country is culturally different and not easily understood by foreigners. It gives wide freedom to local managers to make policy decisions. This is helpful for companies pursuing a localization strategy, because the polycentric approach can minimize cultural myopia, and it is often less expensive to operate than a ethnocentric policy. The disadvantages to the polycentric approach are that the host country nationals may have had limited opportunity to gain experience outside of their own country, and as a result cannot progress (without further training) into more senior positions. A gap can form between the host country managers and the parent country managers as a result of differences in nationality and this method can cause problems in coordination and control. There can be a duplication of facilities and services and a lack of communication between the home office and host country employees. ...
- Defines the polycentric, ethnocentric, and geocentric approaches to staffing.
- Identifies the advantages and disadvantages of each for international company
- Discusses if you were responsible for expanding a business overseas, which of the staffing
approaches would you use and why.
It includes APA references.