You are the boss for a public administrative agencyand it is your job to complete a job description for a position that reports to you. Go to the Internet and search for your dream job (or at least a job that interests you) as a public administrator. Take the details of that job description and insert them into a word-processing application.
The next step is to create a detailed section of the job description about ethical responsibilities. As the boss, identify at least ten ethical skills (or responsibilities) that a candidate must have to be successful in this position. Add a section to the job description and label it with the heading Ethical Responsibilities. Include the following criteria within the list of ethical responsibilities:
- The four levels of ethics
- At least ten responsibilities
- A description of each responsibility
- A description of how each responsibility has ethical implications
- A description of how each responsibility should be successfully performed
- The expectations of honor
Use their existing responsibilities if you cannot think of additional ones. However, be sure to elaborate on the ethical implications and how the responsibilities should be successfully performed.
Add another section to the job description and label it with the heading Accountability. Include the following criteria within the list of accountability responsibilities:
- Describe how the position is held accountable for the responsibilities (consider the position's boss).
- Describe how the position holds other public administrators accountable.
- Describe how the public holds the position accountable.
The four levels of ethics involved with this job position include social and or public responsibility, a level of social regard, ethical responsiveness to state needs, as well as obligation to the citizenry.
1. One of the responsibilities of the public administration office of the governor, is to assure that the citizens of that particular state are safe from harm. This entails utilizing state and local law enforcement agencies in order to help to prevent crime, as well as to assist those citizens in need of emergency care etc. The implication of this responsibility is that it will be unjust for a government to allow its citizens to be placed into danger in harms unnecessarily. This can best be performed by ensuring that there is a highly proficient and well-trained law enforcement and National Guard within that state.
2. To uphold the ramifications of the United States Constitution. This entails ensuring that none of the activities that take place within that state violate the constitutional rights of the citizens in any way. The ethical implication of this is that, it is illegal as well as unjust to deny any citizen of their constitutionally protected rights. This can best be performed by ensuring that no laws activities are allowed to take place there not completely aligned with the United States Constitution.
3. To uphold the ramifications of the State constitution. This entails ensuring that none of the operational activities that take place within the state government or by any of the citizens within that state violate the ramifications of the state constitution. The ethical implication of this is that it is illegal and unfair to violate the state protect ...
What goes into an ethical code?
How to create an ethical code of conduct for a health care administrative office. The code must be comprehensive for all potential ethical situations and must, at a minimum, include ethical standards which would apply to the following stakeholders: