In what ways do group norms affect patterns of alcohol and drug use?
How does the use of these substances affect the workplace and employment patterns?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 15, 2020, 6:10 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) Group norms affect patterns of alcohol and drug use through:
1. The pressures of job environment expectations
2. Managements approach in dealing with alcohol matters
3. Absenteeism, less productivity, and more on-the-job injuries
4. Alcohol at business functions adds to an alcohol workplace culture through alcohol availability.
5. Factors such as shift work, poor management and boredom can cause workplace stress which can ...
Solution explains how substance abuse affects group norms and employment patterns.