Newspapers and book publishers should convert to electronic publishing over paper publishing as their primary product.
-Formulate strategies and potential strategic alternatives for different situations.
-Discuss the impact of technology on business.
Objective: Identify challenges in strategy implementation.
- not everyone wants to have their papers electronic:
- older people do not have computers so how would they read the news
- many people only have dial up connection so accessing newspapers online might take a long time
- people like to read in other places rather then the computer room (i.e in bed at night, in the bath, in the morning) and printing pages are expensive (ink, paper)
- people love showing off their books on bookshelves, how can you do that if they are online
- how would a publisher price a book online? cheaper then a paper-back? if so will this cut into the profits?
- it will be much easier for people to "share" books if they are on-line, thus less people will buy books and more people will read the book with out even ...
537 words in bullet point format to show strategic management ideas for the conversion.